That is why The Tree Topper supports the Child’s Play charity. Child’s Play is dedicated to improving the lives of children in hospitals around the world through the kindness and generosity of the video game community and the power of play.
Child’s Play is a game industry charity that works with a network of over 70 hospitals worldwide. The charity, with the help of hospital staff, sets up gift wish lists full of video games, toys, books, and other fun stuff for kids. Child’s Play also receives cash donations throughout the year. With those cash donations, new consoles, peripherals, games, and other items are purchased for hospitals and therapy facilities.
When I tell them that we have video games for patients to play you can visibly see them relax. Parents are relieved to know that we can provide something familiar and comforting for their child during a stressful time in their lives.
– Karen M., Child Life Manager, Children’s Medical Center of Dayton http://bit.ly/MbiTfs
Find out more about Child’s Play at http://www.childsplaycharity.org/.
Donate directly to Child’s Play or find a nearby hospital’s wishlist to donate to at http://www.childsplaycharity.org/donate/.
Desert Bus For Hope
Desert Bus for Hope is a charity fundraiser for gamers by gamers. The event is known for being a massively participatory charity gaming marathon. While playing the mini-game Desert Bus, the Desert Bus for Hope crew interacts with their audience over the Internet by:
- Web-casting the event non-stop. The 5th annual Desert Bus for Hope bused for 150 hours straight while raising $383,125.10 for Child’s Play.
- Desert Bus Craft-Along, where people from all over the world help raise money by donating incredible handmade art and goods for auction.
- Live chatting between the crew and viewers, allowing the audience to ask questions and submit donation challenges.
- Celebrity call-ins. Guests have included Penn & Teller, Neil Gaiman, Grant Imahara, and Felicia Day.
Have fun by interacting with the Desert Bus crew and donating money to Child’s Play. Desert Bus For Hope 6 begins Friday, November 16th, 2012. For more information visit http://desertbus.org/.